Women migrants from Latin diasporas who currently reside in Belgium, by family reunification, because they are descendants of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation, for exercising a fixed job, temporary employment, studying or as a refugee. a, we want to make the following request spread. Since we are confident of being spokespersons and representatives of The Latin diasporas: of those who work in the cleanliness, in the care of the elderly, of children, babies or enfemos, of the students and academics, of the Scientifics and artists that we have our feet in Belgium.
Civil, political and cultural inclusion and representation can no longer be a support for structures that add to discrimanation, inequality and racial stigmatization for generations, we join as executors of thought and change.
Our knowledge cannot continue to be subordinated so that our stay is in exchange for underemployment. We share the following demands:
- Evaluation and monitoring. With the support of digital tools you can keep quality control of the services and organizations involved, keep a count and review the various problems in the legal, socio-economic and cultural context.
- Forms of representation: Through regional meetings open to dialogue in the 3 different regions. Through you, you can be the voceros.as so that you can address the problems of access to justice, school segregation, and domestic and institutional violence.
- Derived from the challenges in the social inclusion of Latin diasporas and social participation dialogues, it is necessary to include in the welcoming organizations at least one or a Latino representative, to accompany and review the migration and transmigrant journeys from their arrival in the country and by region in Spanish.
- Promote sociocultural capital through neighborhood festivals and support cultural initiatives through scholarships, cultural residences and decent and affordable artistic spaces, promote the self-management of artistic readings that promote cultural expressions through concerts, public exhibitions, cultural exchanges between countries and between regions within the country.
- The regularization of employees, domestic servants, caregivers. it is and trabajadoras.es that they are without papers, despite remaining in marginality are productive and welfare generators need to be formally included and removed from the legal invisibility and economic inequity in which they find themselves.
- During access to justice, accompaniment and dispute in legal processes, it is imperative to have timely advice, which serves and guides. To deal with transparent services and therefore that can be monitored to be constantly improved.
- At the time of crisis arising from violence and the absence of family and social support, a refuge per region where women and hijos.as adolescents, children and adolescents can be received, guided and psychologically supported during the process that determines their definitive relocation to a safe space outside of any violence. To do this it is necessary to have the prepared staff who can accompany the victims until the recovery of their autonomy.
- Languages are one of the main challenges for every foreigner, for this it is necessary that during the integration process be accompanied during the learning of one of the languages in an integral way, with employment and access to childcare with the aim of promoting linguistic autonomy and work culture.
- Inequity is part of the main problems among migrants, ethnic, gender discrimination and the absence of follow-up for labour insertion. Breed and gender quotas in federal, state, and regional services are restricted, migrant participation in schools, colleges, and command positions is reduced. Monitoring the participation of best practices for job inclusion through co-working, self-employment and revalidation of experience and skills is essential.
- Activities and institutions that take names of social movements, celebrities and Latin American Women without reciprocating or evoking the momentous reason for their struggle and essence of their principles should be valued by direct descendants or by representatives of their countries to review whether the fundamental principles are worthy to evoke the name and coincide with the struggle otherwise plagiarized and should be penalized under the Act.
- Support for repatriation. There are migrants and transmigrants who need to return to their countries of origin after finding work or returning with a project, creating international bridges so that repatriation processes can be generated and not remaining forcefully and illegally.
- Custody of minors. Access to justice is one of the primary challenges for many women, in the process of separation, they are forced to abandon their children in the hands of those who have abused them, in unbalanced conditions of defense and protection, with the absence of accompaniment and in the inequality of living in another country. This is a point of call for review, transparency and monitoring of the use of unethical or legal tools such as SAP, the separation of infants to give them up for adoption or place them in other families. While mothers go to temporary shelters with no option to provide them with comprehensive security.
These demands are made on the basis of testimonies, requests and feedback of cases in the community and derved from the inteaction with the Latin diasporas.
We wish you success!
Illustration by Nagú
Añadir un comentario